Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

most amazing tuna

We have been experimenting a little with fish here at Green Acres, you know lent starts a week from today. I wanted to make it a little more interesting than the usual cheese pizza, mac and cheese, fish sticks and so on.
I had bought some Ahi Tuna steaks last week at Trader Joes. Last Friday evening I visited the University of Google, I plugged in Seared Ahi Tuna and this is what it gave me, Pan Seared Tuna with Avocado, Lime and Ginger. Tyler Florence is brilliant! I had all the ingredients except fresh Ginger so I just used the ground. It was so good. I am going to use this with Salmon on Sunday when Mimi comes to town.  It has a little heat and the sweet just makes it better.  I served it over brown rice and we had sautéed spinach on the side.


IMG-20120210-00346

No comments:

Post a Comment