Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Friday, May 29, 2009

Whats in a name?


What's in a name? When I decided to take this challenge on from Mr. Miller I thought what do I call it? Well it came to me pretty quickly. "Green Acres in the City", was fitting for us on many levels, in fact you could say is has a "double entendre" in its meaning. There you go Mrs. Luetje I did learn something from you! (Mrs. Luetje refers to my ya ya sister in Topeka, she was my room mate up until I got married and is one of the best High School teachers around!)


First off the literal sense, we were planting a garden so "Green Acres" easy enough, secondly "Green" referring to the "recycling king" that Mr. Miller has become and that he is grooming Cameron to take over his reign some day. Cameron has no trouble explaining the whole recycling method to anyone who will listen.


I felt in writing this blog that maybe I could help other families discover ways to simplify there lives and help take care of this great planet that is a gift from God. I am in no way an expert, but would like to share both the success and lessons (that is what I prefer to call failures) that we learn. I will have information on green living, cooking, baking and of course our little inaugural garden here at the Green Acres Farm right here in the city. There will be of course humor and stories inspired by both family and friends, sorry guys you will be the ideas behind some of these posts. I hope that maybe it will help all of you too. If you have ideas or comments please feel free to share in the comment section. I love to hear every ones thoughts.


Remember that every little step we take leads to the next mile.


No comments:

Post a Comment