Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

39

Well I made it! I made it that is to see 39, I am sure that my Mom and Dad never thought that I might see it more than a few times in my life. I have had a wonderful day so far and it is only 10am.

I woke up with my little fruitcake, Cameron, curled up next to me. I love our morning snuggles. He sang "Happy Birthday" to me, Daddy gave me birthday wishes and Henry gave me a big smile and shriek this morning. Pretty good gifts I should say.

I had a wonderful weekend with my Mom and Uncle. It was so nice to have Mom to myself. We laughed and rolled yarn into balls, talked, played with the kids and just relaxed.

I am going to put a roast in the crock pot for dinner and just plan a nice evening with my boys. I told Mr. Miller I have an abundance of gifts in our life and that is all I need.

I did give myself a gift, I decided that I have to do something about my weight. I know we all have our own issues, but this is one I have dealt with my whole life, and I know I have said I was going to do this before but somehow I feel differently this time. I have been trying to figure out what is missing in my life, and it is the fact that I know I have a smaller being inside of me. My husband loves me how I am and my boys know no different but I need to make this change for me! There I said it, this is for ME! I am going to follow the Weight Watchers Plan at home. It is going to take a while I know, but I am worth it. So starting on Tuesdays I will share tips and keep you posted on the progress here at Green Acres.

Here are my starting out pics, as you can see I am putting it all out there.




So Happy Birthday to me and here is to "one more trip around the sun" and a much smaller me at 40!

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love to hear someone so motivated, good for you :) Looking forward to any tips wether they are for dieting or motivation, I could always use some tips. Just think turning for 40 will be a wonderful thing (not as scary as it is to most people) with new goals in mind. Best of Luck and enjoy your special day with your boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! i love how you said that you feel like there's smaller being inside of you....so great! best wishes on your next year...sounds like it's going to be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! Can't wait to here the progress! Well wishes to you and your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go, girl! Something about the late 30's makes us want to accomplish things. I went on WW the first time before I was pregnant with Sutton at 37. You can do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maeghan, I, too, have struggled with my weight. Nearly everyone has. I lost 30 pounds & was 2/3 the way to my goal when I got pregnant w/ my daughter & it felt like I was starting over. But I've lost another 25 pounds of the pregnancy weight thanks to the miracle of breastfeeding. The mommy body is just a different shape, regardless of the weight. So we'll never be what we were on the outside, but we're changed so much for the better on the inside. I'm wishing you all the best with this. I studied up on nutrition & might have some tips that could help. If you're interested, shoot me an email. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete