Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

perfect fall meal

 

DSCN1503

Last night I had a PEO meeting to get to so I knew I needed to provide a filling but quick meal before I rushed out to my meeting.  I “borrowed” a few cookbooks this weekend from Mimi and I found this recipe for Creamy Tomato Soup.  Amazing!  So easy, served with sharp cheddar, crackers and honey crisp apples a.k.a a “French plate” (thanks Miss Lissa) and you have the perfect fall meal.  Talk about comfort food.

Creamy Tomato Soup

olive oil, 2 tbsp

medium white onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic

1 Cup chicken broth

4 fresh tomatoes, chopped

1/2 cup tomato paste

1 tsp thyme

salt and pepper

3 cups milk

In 2 quart stock pan sauté your onions and minced garlic with the olive oil for about 5 min.  Add spices, tomatoes and chicken broth.  Cook another 5 min on medium heat.  Remove tomatoes and puree in blender.  We left ours chunky. Put tomatoes back in broth.  Add milk and tomato paste.  Simmer on low and stir for about 10 minutes and be ready to have a big bowl of goodness.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment