Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

white chicken chili

I love the fact that Cameron’s school is really a community.  St. Thomas More has done an amazing job at making everyone feel right at home.  Cameron is doing so well this year.  He has actually been playing flag football and loves it.  We practice on Wednesday nights and it is a chance for us parents to once again sit together and share thoughts, recipes and stories.  The recipes are great!  My friend Kelly, her son is in the 2nd grade and plays on Cam’s team, shared this recipe for White Chicken Chili with me a few weeks ago.  She said her husband requests this once a week and I can see why.  It is amazing, don’t forget the avocado on top!  Recipe note I did leave the green chilies out of the soup and just served them on the side. Go to Our Best Bites and check out other great recipes too!

We had some leftover Pumpkin Cornbread from our chili last week that I had saved in the fridge and it went perfectly with it.

pumpkin cornbread

I shared this recipe last November and it is a favorite here. 

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin cornbread sounds wonderful. It's so nice to have a community of like minded people to socialize with....so glad you've found that.

    ReplyDelete