Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Monday, July 13, 2009

1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

One of Cameron's all time favorite authors is Dr. Seuss. I know who doesn't love him?
Cameron loves to go fishing with the Deacon and Pops when we go to the lake. On the drive up he repeatedly told Henry the story of The Cat in the Hat and 1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. He would tell Henry how he was going to catch the biggest fish in the lake that weekend. Mr. Miller and I just laughed at the enthusiasm in his voice. I told him he would have some tough competition because the Deacon takes fishing very seriously. "I know Mama, I know...Nana taught me everything I need to know about fishing!" So Nana these are for you. Thank you for teaching Cameron a skill that he can enjoy his whole life and that doesn't include batteries or being inside! We love you!
Cameron and Nana on the dock.
Cameron with his Nemo fishing pole that Nana and Pops got him. After the Deacon and Pops lost a couple of poles to the "one that got away" they decided to get him a floating pole.
Cameron's first catch of the weekend.

Cameron was right he did catch the biggest one in the lake, at least for that weekend and that's the story we are sticking too!

No comments:

Post a Comment