Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Preparing for Travel

Well it is official, we are headed out of town on Friday morning. This will be the first 4Th of July holiday that Mr. Miller and myself have not worked in 4 years. Can you believe it? We are headed to see the Deacon and Pops and the family cottage in Pana, Illinois. Don't worry I had never heard of that place either before I started dating Mr. Miller. Quaint little town in south central Illinois about 5 1/2 hours from here, well that was before we added the boys to the list. When we drove with just Cameron the trip became 6 1/2 hours and now with Henry I just don't know what to expect. Oh, did I tell you that Cameron wants to bring the wonder mutt, Peanut along. Not sure how I am going to get out of this one.

The Deacon and Pops left from Valdosta, GA last night, so they should get there this evening. It will be a fun weekend with fishing, swimming, great food, church friends and fireworks. We are even going to have a family church service that the Deacon will preside over. I helped pick the music!




Today is going to be a full day of marking off lists, baking Gluten Free items, laundry (must have clean diapers) and packing suitcases. I think I will also draw up a plan for loading the Urban Farm Truck too. I want tomorrow to be relaxing, yeah right! We leave Friday at 8am, again we will see how that goes! Well I am off on my day! Isn't summer fun?

What are your 4Th of July plans? I would love to hear them, don't be shy leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment