Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, September 30, 2010

a change of seasons

With tomorrow being October 1, crazy I know, we did a little change of seasons this weekend out front.  I love pumpkins, mums, apples, hay and corn stalks.  I actually talked Mr. Miller into a hay bail and corn stalks this year, I think he is getting soft in his old age.  He worked so hard Sunday afternoon for me.  Our neighbors, Misty and Craig, were generous and shared some fountain grass and other plants that I am not sure of the names but they will look great in the the spring.

On another note with tomorrow being October 1 that meant I got to spend the morning at the DMV.  UGH…car tags and inspections.  Hey it only took 2 1/2 hours total so not too bad.  Mr. Miller stayed home with Henry and the rest of the “sippy cup” gang aka my daycare kids and away I went.  I did give him the option of doing the DMV and he opted to stay home and be me.

Have you put your pumpkins out yet?

DSCN1476

DSCN1477

DSCN1478

I love my $2 wreath that I bought last year at end of season.  Michael’s has great deals for change of season.

DSCN1481

DSCN1479

DSCN1480

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE what you've done! I have a fall wreath out and plan to plant some mums, but I'm taking note from your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete