Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, September 2, 2010

it works for us

A couple of weeks ago I was cruising around www.diaperswappers.com and came across a Mama who was looking for families to test the effects of Baltic Amber and children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.  I read more on her site and was amazed at the testimonials from families that had tried these necklaces with their children. 

We have used the Baltic Amber in the form of a teething necklace for Junior Mint, he has worn his continuously since 4 months.  It has made a big difference.  Teething has gone smoother and he appears to be less bothered by the teeth breaking through.  I am not saying that it takes away the pain all together but it appears to sooth him.

I will admit that when the first time I was told about these necklaces I thought they were full of it.  I was wrong or at least for us it is working.  Here are a few bits of info that we found about amber.

“When worn against the skin, the body's heat wicks tiny amounts of oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid that absorbs into the skin. This absorbed acid is said to help with a variety of ailments. "
Read more: Baltic Amber FAQ | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5366070_baltic-amber-faq.html#ixzz0yNRnx8tv

DSCN1200

So after having success with Junior Mint and when I had read the testimonials from other parents I thought why not lets get one for Cameron.  Saturday we loaded the Urban Farm Truck and headed over to Happybottomus in Lee’s Summit to pick one up.  He picked out one for himself. 

DSCN1313

We even decided that maybe this would work for Mr. Miller and his migraines.  So I connected 2 together to get the right length for him.  I will tell you that within 48 hours we saw a difference it Cameron.  He appears more calm and is sleeping better.  Like I said it works for us so maybe you might find some relief from it yourself.

So please check out On the Other Side, she is an amazing Mama and full of information and makes beautiful jewelry.  I am going to look into finding one for my self, she has some citrine and that after all is my birthstone.

1 comment:

  1. VERY cool find, there, my amazing sister/friend!! I am curious to see how the amber helps with Pat's headaches. Please provide feedback on that when you have a better feel for it. I know miss Bella LOVES her amber necklace - I'd really hate to see what her teething would have been like without it!
    I love you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete