- we were in school on weekdays
- it kept us busy on Satuday mornings
- the house would be all clean for the coming week
- that is how my parents grew up
I am not complaining but I always hated Saturday mornings, especially when Dad decided that it was "clean out the garage" or "clean the windows" special project Saturday. (Love you Dad!) Yes, I can clean a window like no ones business with Vinegar, Water and scrunched up newspapers thanks to him.
I read a recent blog called Organizing Made Fun that I found on pinterest and she had some great ideas on organization plus the fact that she also has a son with high functioning Autism. I felt a great connection with this Mama. She divides her housework into 15 - 20 minutes a day. I love it!
I came up with a system of my own that seems to be working. Mine is more of a 30 minute a day but it still works.
- monday: bathrooms and laundry
- tuesday: change bed linens,special project
- wednesday: windex cabinet glass and mirrors, laundry
- thursday: mop floors, special projecty
- friday: dust, laundry
I can't tell you how much this has helped me. I truly don't feel so overwhelmed any more as for as a tidy house goes. It may not always be in perfect condition but hey, I am a mom of 2 boys, watch a little one for a friend 2 days a week and run 2 businesses out of Green Acres. Whose perfect? I know I am not.