Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

new season

Yesterday Henry and I removed the last of Christmas in the house.  I was hoping to get the outside done as well but with Scouts last night and helping some friends out it didn't happen.  Tonight is a different story.  We will get it put away because there is rain in the forecast, I wish it was snow but I will take the rain.

New seasons seem to be all around me, from putting out a few Valentine decorations here at the house to a new season for several aspects in my life.

“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and look at all beings with eyes of compassion.” --Thich Nhat Hanh

 My friends who own Happybottomus, where I have been working part time, have decided to close their doors.  It is a bittersweet time for them and me.  I am sad to see them go through the pain of closing this chapter and for me it brings back the memories of the Harold's liquidation days of 08-09.  Thank goodness I am not 8 months pregnant this time and that this is a short ending.  I am trying to help physically, prayerfully and mentally for them since I have been down this road before.  Please keep them in your thoughts as they transition into this new season for them.

Mr. Miller and I are working on moving the basement around to make my new sewing/create space.  I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new sewing table this week.  We lucked into a great butcher block on metal base conference table that will be perfect for me.  I can set all 3 of my machines up and just roll down the table to use each.  I am going to try and get the boys play area relocated temporarily today so we can move the storage area into their old space.  By moving the storage area we can set up the Green Acres Closet Manufacturing Headquarters.

New seasons are always good no matter what they bring.  They can bring sadness but also joy.  I think that if you look at the fork in the road in these 2 ways you will always succeed.

The past is no longer an option and your future is whatever you make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment