Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, February 23, 2012

garden dreaming

I am trying to get my garden plans together.  We have had such a dry and mild winter I wonder how it will affect the harvest?

 

Miller Family Ignagural Garden 2009 - Green Acres 022

We will be putting in our potatoes soon.  We are going to try the vertical method again this year.  We realized what we did wrong 2 years ago and are willing to give it a try again.  Pinterest has become my latest obsession and I have a board dedicated to my gardening dreams.  I found this website and it answered my questions quite well about potatoes.

We will be making good use of pallets this year from Mr. Miller’s back lot.  We made a trellis last year for the green beans and it worked great.  We had beans well into October.  I found this very cool idea for my cucumbers and lettuce.  I already have the framed chicken wire from last year. 

There are so many things I would love to plant this years.  I can’t wait to get my hands in the dirt.  Henry and Cameron have been “digging for worms” already in the beds.  Secretly I love that they are already turning the soil for Mama.  They are having fun and making my life, at least for my back, a little easier.    What are you planning on growing this year?

2 comments:

  1. We are also dreaming, making plans, and just plain can't wait. I <3 gardening. Thanks for sharing the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made raised beds this year! Outside of the traditional veggies, we are going to plant purple carrots, chocolate cherry tomatoes, chocolate mint, and brussel sprouts. I'm hoping to get some potting soil this weekend so I can start some seeds indoors! Good luck to you guys! Let the planting begin!

    ReplyDelete