Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, June 7, 2012

baby steps…

 

In my pledge, “Please, Organize Me!”, I made to myself for this summer I have learned that it is not an overnight success.  It will be a journey of baby steps.  I started with the great purge in our bedroom.  Boy it is amazing what can accumulate in one room.

I moved onto my kitchen.  UGH!  How many junk drawers does one need?  I am low on the number of drawers as it is, so to have 2 as a junk drawer is a little ridiculous.  I was able to clean them out and sort into one.  I thought why should I go out and buy “pretty” drawer dividers when I had a stack of old check boxes downstairs that I had been saving for something.  Well that something happened Tuesday.  They have purpose, a calling in life!  Now instead of a junk drawer I am calling it the multi purpose drawer.

IMG-20120605-00447

I sent a text of my success to the Deacon, she was my inspiration, to let her know that after a week with them a little of her rubbed off on me. Her house has to be one of the most organized homes I have ever been in. I don’t know if I will get to that point but I am at least making an effort to make some sense out of our little world we live in. I am not going to go off the deep end, after all that would go against my inner Jimmy Buffett.

“I don't want that much organization in my life.
I don't want other people thinking for me.”

~ Fruitcakes

I vow to be the same Fruitcake I always have been but with a little rhyme and reason in her home.

Today I attack the pantry cabinet in the kitchen and the medicine tote on top of the fridge.  Wish me luck!

 

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I love being organized! Um, I'm not perfect by any means, but it is nice to have order where you can get it. I always have a bag in my car of stuff that is going to Goodwill, we just don't need all that stuff. Best wishes and have fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete