Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Monday, June 4, 2012

what’s cookin’?

 

DSCN0533

It’s been a very busy few weeks around here.  School is out, we went on a spontaneous vacation to Georgia for “Operation 36” (explanation coming soon), participated in the first KC Mama Market and now starting tutoring this week for Cameron and Henry thanks to our amazing teacher friend Mrs. T. The garden is flourishing and my boys are helping so much out there.  We have already put up one batch of Strawberry Jam from their berry patch and I will be putting up a second this week.  Cameron and Henry are finding out that some of those veggies aren’t so bad when you have grown them yourselves.  Cameron even told me that I was right, sometimes you just have to try something and you might get surprised and it’s GOOD!  I know I almost fell over.

I am feeling back in routine this morning so here’s what is happening in my kitchen this week.

Saturday:  We had a baby shower for the Guncles and their twins (who will be here very soon) in the afternoon so the boys were hungry around 7:30. Mama cheated and just order pizza and we enjoyed it with fruit on the Patio.  Added bonus of Mimi with us for the whole weekend.

Sunday:  Salmon Burgers with a Dill Ranch Dip

     Corn on the Cob

     Goat Cheese and Snap Pea Salad

1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed.  We actually used some from the gardenSmile

1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar

2 tbsp olive oil

1/2 tsp Original Mrs. Dash

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 reduced fat mild goat cheese

Toss in bowl and serve.

Monday: Honey Garlic Chicken

    Broccoli and Roasted Onions and Brussels Sprout

Tuesday: Penne with Turkey Meatballs

     Salad with Mixed Greens and Cucumbers

Wednesday: Trader Joes Spinach, Fontina and Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage

           Green Beans

           California Medley Mash – this is a great substitution for Mashed Potatoes. 

Simply steam broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.  Drain put in food processor and add salt, pepper and a little sour cream.  Puree and serve.  Yum!

Thursday:  Black Bean Tacos

           Broccoli Slaw

       Corn

Friday:  John Deere – Heritage Tractor Friends and Family ride and Drive Picnic

I am so excited for my boys.  Plus Mama might get to drive a Combine, crazy but since I married a Wheat Farmer’s grandson its been on my bucket list.  Plus I probably should get experience if we ever make it back to the farm and I have my homestead. Smile

Don’t forget to hop over to Stone Gable and get some more amazing dinner ideas.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment