Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, August 26, 2010

1 apology with a side of cole slaw

My title probably has a few of you going “hmmm, where is she going with this one?” Well I will tell you, Mimi called me today and gave me a “come to Jesus” meeting if you will about my blogging routine or lack there of lately.  I first want to apologize for my blogging etiquette and that I have not been a good blogger lately.  No matter how I try my days just get away from me and that I have had severe writers block lately.  So here it is “I am sorry and please forgive me”.  I think I am going to have to start writing at night for the next day and try that for a while.  Thanks Mom for the wake up call I needed it!

Second on the list is my cole slaw recipe.  We are having fish tacos tonight and Mr. Miller loves to put cole slaw on his, I think he would put cole slaw on just about anything.  I would like to claim this as my recipe but I can’t.  I found it several years back in one of my Paula Deen books, you know that Savannah Gem that I love more than my luggage.

cole slaw

1/2 bell pepper, chopped

2 carrots, shredded

1 green onion, chopped

1/2 head of cabbage, chopped

1/2 C Mayo

1/2 tsp season salt

pepper to taste

2 tbsp of sugar

1 tbsp white vinegar

Combine all veggies in large bowl. 

DSCN1297

DSCN1298

Add mayo, salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar in large jar and shake vigorously.  Pour over salad, chill for an hour and enjoy.

DSCN1300

1 comment:

  1. That is a very yummy sounding cole slaw, and I think that summer is a time to let blogging slip by the way side while we enjoy the life outdoors. It is good to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete