Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, August 12, 2010

“blew out my flip flop”

We had several deserts on our desert table at the party.  One of which I actually made, flip flop cookies.  I thought they would be great for the kids.  Being at our advanced age now we have kids and so do all of our friends.  The party was adult and kid friendly with juice boxes in their own iced down bucket.

Here is a break down of how to make these super simple and cute cookies.

Dip Nutter Butters in Chocolate.  You can use dark, milk or white.  I had Hershey Bars on hand so that is what I melted down.

DSCN1174

Place on cookie sheets to dry.  I had to eventually put in fridge to set up since it was so hot!

DSCN1175

Next I used blue and green royal icing to make the straps.  Printed of cute labels, put in pastry bags and tied with string.

DSCN1176

The adults ate as many as the kids.  I sent some extras home with my brother in law, Randy, it was the least I could do since he and Pops manned the grill in that heat!

3 comments:

  1. those are adorable...what a fun treat. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maeghan,

    These flip flop cookies are so cute. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I'm a follower of your lovely blog. I'm looking forward to more posts from you!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete