Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Monday, August 16, 2010

what's cookin'

I decided that for a while I am going to start a series on Mondays, what's cookin', to share what meals I am coming up with and also to encourage you to share also. I am doing so much reading lately on what is being put into our food as far as hormones and what it is doing to our bodies and it really scares me. I feel more sure of our decision to eat simply and whole.

Monday
Turkey Kielbasa with brown rice and mushrooms
Corn and Tomato Salad
Tuesday
Bison Burgers in a lettuce wrap
Home Fries
Wednesday
Brown Rice with Tomatoes, Basil and Parmesan
Green Salad
Thursday
Grill Salmon in a Raspberry Sauce
Asparagus
Garlic Risotto
Friday
Chicken Pasta Salad
Saturday
Homemade Pizza
Salad
Sunday
Turkey Tacos with Blackbeans and fresh Cilantro

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds delicious! Would you mind sharing the salmon recipe?

    I got your blog address from Lisa S. awhile back and I've been enjoying it. I have a daughter who is also about to start first grade at STM. Feeding my family healthy, whole foods is really important to me too so it's nice to read another blog about someone on that journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I write out menus every week but today didn't go so well so hubby picked up dinner on his way home. Right now I am working on a month of menus for the fall that I can use to ease the transition back into the school year. A personal chef would really help ease things! :)

    ReplyDelete