Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

salsa

 

DSCN1227

I have been making salsa today.  We have had a landslide of tomatoes this week plus a few peppers.  It’s time to SALSA!

Super simple, easy and fresh.  I make a fresh salsa that will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.

DSCN1229

Salsa

fresh tomatoes or diced tomatoes

cilantro to taste

2 garlic cloves

1/2 of large white onion

1 small jalapeno pepper ~ more or less depends on you

juice of 1 lime

1 tbsp of Meat Tenderizer – yes I am sharing the secret ingredient because I love ya all!

Put ingredients into food processor, pulse until you like.  Store in air tight jars in food and enjoy.  Best if made the day before serving, but hey who am I kidding we can’t normally wait that long.  Besides it is Taco night!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog, Maeghan! The pictures are so wonderful and clear. I wish I could be a better blogger.....you are my inspiration! Love the woolies! We used cloth with our son and would not have had it any other way. :)

    ReplyDelete