Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, August 5, 2010

the great project of 2010

Well I know I talk about Mr. Miller and his projects, well the 2010 project is finished!  I must say just in the nick of time, Mr. Miller, Pops and The Deacon finished laying the mulch in the back corner at around 1pm on Saturday while Grampie was filling the tiki torches.  Guests started to arrive at 5.  Nothing like cutting it down to the wire!  I will say the Mother Nature was not on our side with all the rain we had in the 3 weeks leading up to the grand event.  None the less it is done, beautiful and I must say I am married to a very talented and good looking 40 year old!

The view from the patio, remember the Great Project from last year?  Well we are finally getting a backyard that we can feel proud of.

DSCN1214DSCN1215

I just love the outdoor kitchen area!

DSCN1216DSCN1217 

DSCN1218

DSCN1219

We even used the scraps from the blocks.  Mr. Miller is so full of ideas.  Just don’t pay attention to the retro air conditioner, it works and that is all that matters!

DSCN1221

So Mendi Sue and Jen there you go!  I posted pics of the yard as for the haircut as soon and Julie (the worlds greatest photographer) gets me the disc you will see the pics from the party and my new hairdo!

2 comments: