Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Creamy Lemon Bars

We survived 40 with Mr. Miller this weekend. We had a great time and I am oh so tired but satisfied. My back yard looked amazing and all of his hard work paid off.

I promise I am going to be back tomorrow on a regular schedule and my life resumes today with laundry and floors to be scrubbed. I thought I would take a moment to share one recipe from the party on Saturday, my sisters Creamy Lemon Bars! These were amazing and they were gone quickly!

Creamy Lemon Bars ~ Erika
1 (18.25) package of Lemon Cake Mix
1 small package of Lemon Pudding Mix
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 ~ 8oz cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 half of a lemon squeezed with pulp
  1. Heat oven to 350.
  2. Pour cake mix, pudding, egg, egg white and oil into mixing bowl. Mix with mixer. This will have same consistency of Peanut Butter.
  3. Reserve 1 cup of mixture, pat the rest into an un greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
  4. In another bowl mix together cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour over cooled crust and spread evenly.
  5. Crumble the reserve lemon cake mix over the top and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  6. Cool completely. Keep in refrigerator before slicing to serve.
Enjoy and have a great day. They were gone to fast for me to get a picture. Trust me you know you want them! I am going to try to make them with a gluten free vanilla cake mix.

2 comments:

  1. no picture means they were yummy! they sound great. Happy Birthday to your honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete