Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A taste of Southern Hospitality

During my years with Starbucks I had the pleasure of working for a gentleman that I am proud to call my friend and mentor still to this day. Mike showed me so much about being a Manager and now that we have both left the "BUX" we have kept in touch and are still friends. I have also had the pleasure of getting to know his amazing wife, Susie and 2 beautiful children, Mikey and Madeline. Mike now is the Banquet Manager for the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville. When I told him we were coming through on our way to Valdosta and asked if they could meet for dinner he said he could do one better and asked us to stay at the Resort. We had never been and it was worth the splurge.

This Resort is amazing. It is 5 acres under one roof and has over 11,000 species of plants in there. Of course Mr. Miller was loving that. Mike took us on a great tour and Cameron and Maddie did great together. Susie and I decided that in 20 years we could defiantly be in laws.

This is what we saw when we drove in.


I think this is the biggest tree I have ever seen. Mike said people line up for hours just to get pictures in front of it.


Junior Mint in front of the Poinsettia Tree. Cameron didn't want his picture taken.

They had an amazing outdoor Nativity. There was an audio that re told the story.







The lights continuously rotate in the hotel. I loved how the staff and everyone you met said "Merry Christmas" and not just "Happy Holidays"!


Thank you Mike, Susie and the Gaylord Opryland Resort for a taste of true Southern Hospitality and a bit of the Christmas Spirit.





1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that is just too gorgeous! What a wonderful collection of beautiful pictures, and memories.

    I sent you a package my dear friend, and fingers crossed that it arrives tomorrow (I would love you to receive it before New Years). If not, hopefully over the weekend

    ReplyDelete