Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

garden ~ 2010

Treating the hen bit and dandelions with a vinegar and water solution to prep my herb garden. Yes, it took all 3 Miller Men.
Potatoes, Eggplant and Horseradish will share the same area.


Cukes, Radish, Beans and Corn.
Baby Greens in their own containers.

The basil will be in pots around the patio, it works as a mosquito repellent.

Hot Peppers, Sweet Peppers, Okra and Cantaloupe.

My final bed has Vidalia Onions, Sugar Sweetie Cherry Tomatoes, Ace Slicing Tomatoes, Brandywine Red and Yellow Heirlooms and Carrots. We have the onions in and are waiting until after May 10TH for the tomatoes. Wish us luck this year. I would love to have enough to take with me to the Farmer's Market to sell with my sewn items.








2 comments:

  1. Maeghan, this is awesome! I'm afraid I don't have the patience or the green thumb to have a successful garden, but in my dreams I do. I think it'd be the coolest thing! Can't wait to see how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the farm you have! I hope everything doesn't ripen at the same time. I've been looking into CSAs -- I just don't have the time to devote to gardening.

    ReplyDelete