Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Monday, April 19, 2010

hung out to dry

I first want to thank everyone for your kind words of support and prayers last week. It was a rough week but we are mending. As I said "life goes on" that's what Jon would have wanted.

1For everything there is a season,
a time for every activity under heaven.
2A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and a time to harvest.
3A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
5A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
6A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
8A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Thank you Deacon for reminding us of these words. Thank you to you all again~









I am talking laundry here folks. Today is National Hanging Out Day. I bet you didn't even know this existed. To tell the truth neither did I until I opened my copy of Kiwi Magazine 2 weeks ago. We are getting ready to celebrate the 40TH anniversary of Earth Day this week. Can you believe it?



We have been making changes each month here since January to help take care of Mother Earth. One that I have added this month is to do more line drying. Line drying is Eco friendly and plus your clothes smell so good afterwards and it saves you money. I am all about that these days. The sun is a natural bleaching agent for your whites. I know is some areas there are restrictions for clothesline use due to aesthetic reasons, you can learn more about the fight for line drying at http://www.laundrylist.org/.



What are you waiting for, put up a line and get "hung out to dry".

No comments:

Post a Comment