Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

“healthy bread in five minutes a day”

So I finally got to check out this cookbook  from the library.  It is amazing and so full of recipes for great breads including Gluten Free options.  I made the Gluten Free Crusty Boule yesterday.  The recipe was developed partly by Gluten Free Girl and her husband Danny.  If you get a chance check her out.  I definitely stalk her on a regular basis.

Here are some pictures from our adventure in baking bread yesterday.  We had a great time and boy did the house smell wonderful.  I still to this day say that one of the most comforting smells in fresh bread in the oven.  When I discovered that Gluten was no longer an option for me I thought I lost that smell for good, well I was wrong.

DSCN0471

DSCN0472

DSCN0474

DSCN0475

DSCN0476

DSCN0479

We finished off the small loaf with dinner last night.  We just couldn’t help ourselves it was amazing.  I think that pairing with a little infused olive oil, fresh garden salad and a glass of chardonnay will be on the menu this summer for the patio.

7 comments:

  1. Yummm! I have dough rising right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is amazing! We love it! I just saw your comment on my blog. I posted a response. I truly hope you were not offended. I am frustrated with the system failing Moms and babies, not in any way, Mom's who are, or were, unable to nurse their babies. I just know there is not enough education or support for families in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like the scent of fresh-baked bread. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bread with olive oil and wine sounds amazing! off to make asian chicken for dinner - hopefully i'll have time to bake some bread tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has to be one of the best smells on earth, glad you can enjoy it in your kitchen again. I admire all the dedication it takes to be GF and still eat great baked things! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been using the "five minutes a day" recipe for almost a year now, and have both books (both Bread and Healthy Bread.) We found the basic "healthy bread" a bit heavy, but we've continued to use the "light wheat" from the first book. We've also done the herb bread variations on the basic recipe.

    Good to talk to you both today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the recipe for the GF boule. I did just purchase some GF dough rise enhancer to try and make it a bit bigger. and I will let you know how it goes

    ReplyDelete