Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Friday, February 19, 2010

Fresh Mango Salsa



We are trying to follow the rules of Lent so on Fridays I am trying new fish recipes. This week I made a pan seared Tilapia and topped it with Fresh Mango Salsa and served with a side of Sweet Potato Fries.




I have never made this type of salsa before but the previous week I had received a Mango in our delivery so I thought this would be a good use for it. Next how do I make it so I thought what would I like in it and this is what I came up with.



1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 cup peeled, diced cucumber
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno
1/3 cup diced onion, I think red would be a nice touch
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves


It is mighty tasty. The cucumber added a nice cooling effect. This recipe is a keeper!


4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great recipe. I have 2 mangos in my fruit bowl that have just ripened so I think I might try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good. And sweet potato fries are an all-time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That sound delicious! I love sweet potato fries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great! And now I'm craving sweet potato fries...

    ReplyDelete