Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Monday, February 15, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes ~ Makennah's Blanket

My niece Makennah decided that she needed an "Aunt Meggie" blanket too after seeing Henry's at his party. Of course I said I would, after all she is my little sweetie!

She was here this weekend for a dance competition so Cameron helped me finish the blanket for her. When I say finish he helped me cut out the backing from an old sheet and well lets just say it wasn't perfect. We ended up with a wonky corner but Makennah said it best, "that's OK Meggie, it just has Cameron love sewed into it!" Boy does that girl still know how to melt her Aunt's heart!

I used 12 fat quarters that I had stashed in the cupboard for a special occasion. I feel she is pretty special! I used a sheet that I had set aside in the scrap box and it worked great for the backing. She is going to be re decorating her room in Pink, Black, Green and White. I thought this would make a great throw for the end of her bed. She also can take it with her to competitions for her "down time" in between performances. It will wash great and she said it was very warm and cuddly.

3 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful Maeghan. WOw

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! What a special gift, and I think it's awesome you had Cameron's help doing it. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete