Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

taken it off tuesdays

 

weightloss

Thank you for the overwhelming amount of support in emails, FB and comments.  It is so nice to know that you have the support from your peers and loved ones.

First week, well there were times that it was trying but overall I think it was successful.  I only got one of my workouts in but we are going for 3 this week.  I am a little afraid of the scale just yet so I am going to get to that maybe next week.

Found some great recipes this week and ate very well and was very satisfied and actually had a hard time getting all of my points used.

We had Bobby Deen's Lighter Blueberry muffins with some Potato Soup on Sunday.  The muffins are from Paula Deen’s website, and you know how I LOVE her, her son Bobby has done several lighter versions of her famous recipes.  These muffins were 4 points, not bad with the Potato Soup for 1 point.  I did add corn this time so it made the soup 2 points per serving.

I did find some frustrating moments but I had to tell myself this was worth it because I want to live a healthier lifestyle.  I know there will be weeks where I don’t lose or gain but that’s ok. It will take a while but that’s while it is called a journey.

Goals ~ I had someone ask me about goals.  Well I set a small one.  I decided I wasn’t going to set them in pounds rather set them at first by achievements.  Here is my first, I want to fit back into my corduroys.  I have 3 pairs of cords that I wore before I had Henry and I love them, they hang in my closet and just stare at me.  Well my little friends I will wear you again.  You can count on it!

Good luck on your journeys whatever they may be.

1 comment:

  1. I love being updated on your weight loss journey. It's a great idea to put it out there and get the support. Before I joined an Italian family, I lost 20 pounds on WW. It took a little over a year, but I did it and was in my healthy weight range again (at least the one I think, not the doctors range). I've gained it back and more, but I know I'll get there again and it's the support that will do it. I got a lot of support at the meetings, but the internet is more realistic with schedules and such!
    Keep it up! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete