Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

latest acquisitions

We went up to the cottage this last weekend for Labor Day.  A wonderful time was had by all.  I got a special treat from the Deacon and Pops, OK well two special lovelies.

Isn’t she a beauty?

DSCN3119

Look at her sister that came too!

DSCN3121

DSCN3122

I absolutely love Cast Iron Cookware.  The Deacon and Pops frequent an Auction House down in Georgia and they found just what I have been looking for.  I love this Dutch Oven and Skillet.  The Dutch even has a handle that if Mr. Miller installed a hook for me I could use out back in the fire pit. (hint, hint…are you listening honey?)

Truth be know cast iron has been around for hundreds of years as cooking vessels.  My love is only about 5 years in the making.  When Mr. Miller and I were married almost 12 years ago he wanted this for cookware but no I had to have the fancy no stick.  Boy was I mistaken.  The no stick is gone.  I have a stainless set and my cast iron.  Only if I would have listened then.  Yes, dear I am saying that you were right about at least one thing.

What is your favorite cook ware?  I would love to hear.

Thank You! Thank You to the Deacon and Pops I LOVE THEM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment