Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer in the City


Growing up in the city of Seattle one of my fondest memories was going down to the Pike Place Market on Saturday mornings as a family. My Dad was finishing his degree at the "U", that would be the University of Washington (go Huskies go!), and Mom was home with us girls so we always tried to do the free stuff. I sometimes compare our new lifestyle to that of my childhood. I have some great memories and will always cherish them!
Two weeks ago we went to the City Market in downtown Kansas City. Amazing! I told Mr. Miller that it would be the closet that I could get to Pike Place being land locked in Missouri!
Here are some of the pictures of the sights, sounds, tastes and smells of what we took in that Saturday afternoon. For those of you in the area please take the time to visit, for the rest of you when you come visit, make the trip it is worth it!





We did not try any of the restaurants but we will!



Henry had to have his snack!




Cameron enjoyed his strawberries!






I love the colors of Summer!




These jalapenos made great salsa! I paid .15 cents for one!











I thought these looked good!



Fond memories of my childhood. We had cherry trees in the back yard, I used to climb them and pick the "soft" ones and pelt my sister with them while she played Barbies. Good Times, Good Times!




Have a great Sunday with your family!





No comments:

Post a Comment