Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins and our final winner!

“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and look at all beings with eyes of compassion.” --Thich Nhat Hanh

The Deacon had this posted this morning on her page and I found it quite moving.

My boys are playing trucks and the sun is shining, bread is rising and I have hot coffee in my mug so I ask what better to go with my hot coffee? Muffins and Pumpkin Muffins at that. I have a great, go to GF Pumpkin Muffin recipe. It also makes a loaf too. Just bake it in a greased 8x4 for 55-60 minutes or until done. The boys gobble these up and I make them pretty regularly.

pumpkin muffins
4 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/3 c GF flour mix, I use Pamela's it is my favorite
2 large eggs
1 cup of pureed pumpkin, canned is fine
Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and spices together. Add pumpkin and flour mix well. Scoop into greased muffin tin. Bake 18-20 minutes until done. Yield: 12 muffins.

We have a winner for the pendent! Loriekay! Congratulations and thanks for all for entering!

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkins muffins are the best -- ask my kiddos. They are their all-time favorite.

    ReplyDelete