Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

summer cobbler ~ a redux

I know that I shared this recipe with you last August but after making it this week I felt it was a must to be relived, enjoyed and shared again.  So indulge me if you will, you won’t be sorry.  This was a recipe I found through my friend Heather, check her blog out here.

Berry cobbler

SUMMER COBBLER

1 QRT FRUIT OF YOUR CHOICE

3/4 CUP GF FLOUR OF CHOICE or ANY FLOUR OF CHOICE

1 STICK BUTTER SOFTENED

1 CUP GF OATS

3/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR

Mix dry ingredients and butter in large bowl. This will be crumbly. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350. Take cake pan and line bottom with your fruit. Be careful not to over fill or you will have mess in bottom of oven. Spread topping over the top. Bake for 35 min or until golden brown and bubbly.

I had some blueberries left after making the muffins on Sunday morning and I had received 4 small peaches in my Fresh Connect order on Friday so I thought what the heck that will work.  Let me tell you it has been a great breakfast all week!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I just picked up blueberries yesterday -- they're begging to be made into something (besides being grazed upon by my kids). You cobbler looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! I have a similar recipe, you can use any fruit (even canned peaches if it's winter and you need a simple dessert), layer it in a pie dish. Mix a packet or two of instant oatmeal (brown sugar cinnamon is great) with some melted butter and put it over the top. Great use of oatmeal packs that the kids refuse to eat. Looks like you slaved over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this recipe! I tried it yesterday morning with some blueberries. Very yummy and very easy! I've "rediscovered" your blog after an extended absence caused by life. I enjoy your posts and your writing style.

    ReplyDelete