Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Friday, July 24, 2009

" I want to fly like an eagle..."

I have cut down on the amount of time spent in front of the square headed babysitter, a.k.a. the TV. We all watch way too much of it. I am encouraging all of us to find other simple pleasures to occupy our time. For Mr. Miller it is working on the yard, for me it is sewing and one of Cameron's greatest pleasures in life is to swing. Mr. Miller and Pops built this play scape for his birthday last year and it has been the greatest gift ever for him. He made sure that they hung his "old" swing for Henry. He goes out first thing in the morning and off and on all day. It is the one place that he finds solitude or he puts as his "alone" time. Yes, I know where has he heard that phrase? At least he is using it in the right text.

Cameron often wants to touch the clouds. Mr. Tony, our neighbor, comes over to push him and Cameron always says, "To the clouds, to the clouds"! He has such a wide imagination, sometimes the swing is a rocket ship and he "blasts off" and is off to the moon. He always tells me that he will call me when he gets there.













I often wonder what he is thinking out there. These pictures say it all, simplicity at its best!
What things do you like to do with your family and friends that don't include the TV?




No comments:

Post a Comment