Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My How We Have Grown!

I thought I would take a moment to share some of the progress out in the Inaugural Garden this week. Things are just taking off. I was able to pick Green Beans this morning. We have enough for a small pot of Beans with supper and more to be harvested soon. I picked some Peppers, and no my name is not Peter Piper, and Cucumbers.

The Corn is taller than Cameron!




The Lettuce and Pepper plants are producing nicely. However something likes my Broccoli. Any suggestions that are natural for keeping them free from harm. Also does anyone know exactly how and when I should pick my Lettuce? We have had it a few times and it seems kind of bitter. Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions.


Zucchini! I actually spotted one growing this morning!


My Watermelon, I did have the 2, but Cameron got anxious and already picked one for me the other night. Thankfully it was the smaller of the 2.


For those that are wondering, the Patio is coming along nicely. Mr. Miller and I moved over 8 ton of AB3 or gravel for the laymen like me out there, on Sunday. I did ask him for the correct term for AB3 and he gave me some long scientific, landscaper and beyond my memory name. Not the first time that has happened here! He has to finish putting sand and will place stones this weekend. He did finish the steps and they look great. I can't wait to have our first gathering with our neighbors to thank them for putting up with our chaos when it is complete!







No comments:

Post a Comment