Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, September 17, 2009

As good as it looked!

I just had to share that the bread from yesterday was as amazing as it looked. Were you proud of me Mom? It brought back great memories of childhood in the kitchen with you and watching you make the bread. How it would rise on the counter in the big yellow bowl with your dish towel over the top. I also fondly remember that it would come out of the oven and you would slice it and put honey on top. MMMM...

It went perfect with the chicken and noodles. It was even still warm so the butter just melted. It made the perfect bologna and cheese sandwich for me today. Mr. Miller got salami and cheese and Cameron got his favorite "Peanut Sandwich" aka PBJ with the crust cut off. This one is a keeper!

Do you have a favorite bread recipe? I would love to hear them, I will entertain both gluten free and non gluten free. Please share in the comment section. I love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Just ran across your blog on one of those little blog trails that sometimes turn up hidden treasures. I have not found my favorite bread recipe yet, but I keep looking so thanks for adding one more for me to try!

    ReplyDelete