Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sausage and Potato Soup

First let me apologize for being a day behind on my recipe post. We have been dealing with a head and chest cold here at Green Acres. So far it has hit myself, Junior Mint and Mr. Miller. Yesterday Junior Mint and myself took it easy and did a lot of resting and cuddling. I believe the best cure for any ailment.


Needless to say here is whats for dinner tonight. This is a hearty, "soul-warming" soup filled with Italian Sausage, Chicken, potatoes and kale. This soup recipe came from www.allrecipes.com and of course I made a few changes.


Sausage and Potato Soup


1 lb Italian Sausage Roll


2tbsp olive oil


1 medium onion, chopped


1/4 tsp black pepper


1/4 tsp red pepper flakes


1 48 oz can of chicken or beef broth


6 oz diced chicken


1 1/2 lbs potatoes, cut up


1 bunch fresh kale, washed and chopped


Directions:


In soup pot, crumble and brown sausage with olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 3-4 minutes longer. Add peppers, broth, chicken and potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer covered until potatoes are soft. Serve and enjoy. We usually get 6 servings.


This is a perfect fall soup. I love to serve with GF cornbread or GF banana muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment