Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sausage and Noodle Casserole

I am all about quick and easy meals. This is one of our favorite fall back on meals. I love it because it is cost effective, OK so cheap to make, and it is a no fail favorite! When we lived in Newton, KS a gal that I worked with gave me the base recipe for this and I have just changed it a little for our lifestyle and tastes.

Sausage and Noodle Casserole
1 package kielbasa, cut into pieces
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 16oz container sour cream or plain yogurt
1 package noodles of your choice(we used GF spaghetti this week)
1 2c package of cheddar cheese
1 Cup shredded zucchini
1 Cup shredded carrots
I also sometimes add a little onion, green bean or peas. You get the idea it is one of those dishes that you can add any veggie too!
Place sausage in a single layer in bottom of baking dish.
Mix soup, sour cream, veggies, and cooked noodles. Spread half of noodle/cream mix over sausage. Layer the cheese next, I know whats a casserole with out the cheese. Then put remaining mix on top. Cover with foil and cook for 50 at 350 then uncover and cook 10 min longer.


Voila, dinner is served!


I have also been know to use 2 Cups of cooked rice. This recipe is great for the meals I refer to as "whats in the pantry" night.


1 comment:

  1. Um, yum! My family is German, and there is nothing better than a bit of Kilbasa. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete