Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Henry's new favorite dish!

I decided that today's recipe was going to be dedicated to my little Junior Mint. Yesterday at lunch time I was wondering what not only to fix Cameron and myself but what to fix for Henry. I sat there staring at my produce baskets and I had a surplus of bananas and sweet potatoes. I decided to make a sweet potato, banana and pear puree.

Sweet Potato, Banana, Pear Puree
1 sm. sweet potato
1 small banana
pear juice
I first steamed the small sweet potato in the micro steamer for 4 1/2 minutes. While that was steaming I sliced 1/2 of a large banana and put into my food processor. When the potato was done I scooped the meat out and added to the banana. I slowly added pear juice to get just the right consistency.

Henry loved it, I mean I couldn't put it in his mouth fast enough. I decided I had to taste this, very good! Try it for your little one, it couldn't have been easier. I think I will get some ice cube trays today and make up some more. If you put them in the trays and freeze, then pop them out into storage bags, they will keep for up to 6 weeks in the freezer. So easy, better for them and less expensive on the wallet!

4 comments:

  1. I would say my Grandson is eating very well. What a great and healthy idea, you are so smart. Love to all,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sutton would love that, too! We are starting on finger foods. Rusty is loving it! He's always looking for treasures under the high chair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut is already lying in wait under Henry's chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great. I used to love making my kids their baby food. The ice cube trays worked great!!

    ReplyDelete