Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Turkey Kielbasa Soup

I made the perfect fall soup this weekend. Turkey Kielbasa Soup, it has to be the perfect soup for fall let alone the month of October. We had enough for 2 nights dinners and a couple of lunches. I would imagine that you could freeze this as well. It does have sauerkraut and most kids are not fans so what I did for Cameron was just pull out sausage and some of the apples and potatoes and he loved it!


crockpot turkey kielbasa soup

2 rings of turkey kielbasa, cut into 1 in pieces

2 cans sauerkraut, drained and rinsed

3 apples, peeled, cored and cut into rings (I used honeycrisp)

1 onion, thinly sliced and seperated into rings

2 1/2 lbs red potatoes, quartered

32 oz of chicken stock

shredded swiss cheese

  1. Place half of the sausage in a crockpot and top with sauerkraut.
  2. Cover with remaining sausage, apple and onion.
  3. Top with potatoes and add stock.
  4. Cover and cook low for 6 - 8 hours until potatoes are tender.
  5. Serve with shredded swiss cheese on top.

I hope you enjoy, make a little salad and grab a baguette and you will have a happy tummy!

3 comments:

  1. mmmm..sounds great...I love all things slow cooked and with sauerkraut and apples it just sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just sent this to my mom. This looks amazing. Can I ask, are you from german descent? Both sides of my family are, and you and my mother have such a similar cooking style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I am Austrian on my moms side, so close to German, and Danish and Finish on my dad's. I feel honored that my cooking reminds you of your mom. I am making pumpkin turkey chili tonight. New idea, we'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete