Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Monday, October 5, 2009

Some of the best things in life...

There is a saying, "some of the best things in life are free..." this rang true this weekend at Green Acres. Cameron had received a bike this spring that had been passed down through 5 of my nephews and nieces. It was first given to my nephew, Nate, what a prized possession to a 5 year old that thinks Nate "hung the moon".

Cameron had come down with strep over the weekend and was feeling better on Sunday afternoon so he came out to help Mama and Daddy clean the garage. OK so that is code for what kind of trouble can I create and how many things can I get into? Trust me in the fact that it was welcomed considering how quiet and lethargic he had been.

Mr. Miller and Cameron uncovered the bikes. It was time for a riding lesson, he is still a little timid on it but will gain confidence as we go. New activities are sometimes a little much for Cameron, but with persistence and talking it through we usually get through it.

"Daddy you stay right with me, OK?"

"You are doing great Little Dude!"

"You got it!"


There is something to be said for enjoying watching the man you love help out your favorite 5 year old! I am so blessed to have 3 amazing boys in my life.

"I did it, I did it!"



3 comments:

  1. Glad your son is feeling better, and looks like he had a great time trying out his new bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous. I remember the thrill when each of mine learned to ride solo! Tell Cameron "Great Job, from Maryland!" I'm glad he's feeling better. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. Riding a bike for the first time, especially one that has been passed down through so many family members, now that is special

    ReplyDelete