Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Look who's 1!

Look who's 1 today! I know I can't believe it, my little Junior Mint is 1 year old today.

We are getting ready for the big celebration on Saturday. Lots of friends and family. The Deacon and Pops are flying in from Valdosta and Mimi will be joining us from Topeka.

Today Mama is making a cake and finishing a quilt. I have never made a quilt before. I took my inspiration from Heather at Shivaya Naturals. She talked about a Perfect Spring Blanket back in May. Check it out, cute. www.shivayanaturals.com/2009/05/perfect-spring-blanket_9532.html

I found this darling flannel in the remnants basket. I brought it home and when through the cupboard and found some coordinating solids. I have the top done and attached to Organic Cotton batting. I need to sew the back on and we will be done. Henry will have his own quilt!






I found a recipe on Pioneer Woman for a Sour Cream Almond Cake, it is supposed to be like wedding cake. I have converted it to GF. I am going to make a trial cake today for the party on Saturday. After all he has to have a cake on the real birthday. I will let you know tomorrow how it turns out!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Happy Birthday Henry, and happy birth day to you too mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it's going to be a fun birthday. What more could you ask for -- quilt and cake. Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first year birthday!! Woohoo! He's a cutie, and how special that you've made a quilt for him. I was eyeing that almond cake for Brennan as well, but I wanted chocolate for myself. Selfish, I know. :) And we're supposed to be GF as well; it's hard though!

    ReplyDelete