1 large Eggplant
1/2 C GF flour of your choice
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp Ground Sage
2 Tbs Milk
1 C GF Corn Flakes
1/4 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
Prepared Marinara Sauce
Grated Mozzarella or of your choice
1. Slice Eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
2. Sprinkle Salt on both sides of slices and place into colander in sink.
3. Allow Eggplant to sit and sweat moisture out for 30-45 min.
4. While Eggplant is sitting, combine Flour, Onion Powder, Garlic Salt, Pepper and Sage in one bowl.
5. Beat Egg with Milk to create the Egg bath, set aside.
6. Combine Corn Flake crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning to make breading mixture
7. Rinse and dry Eggplant Slices.
8. One at a time, coat each Eggplant slice in Flour. Gently shake off excess.
9. Dip Flour coated Eggplant in Egg bath. Cover completely.
10. Transfer Eggplant slice to breading mixture and coat fully.
11. Repeat steps 8-10 until all slices are breaded.
12. Preheat oven to 350.
13. Heat oil in small saute pan and fry slices for 2-3min or until golden brown.
14. Drain on paper towels and transfer to baking dish.
15. Top each slice with desired amount of Marinara sauce and cheese.
16. Bake for 15-20min or until cheese is bubbly.
Serve immediately with pasta of choice immediately for best results.
Cameron always wants to help in the kitchen. He is great at crushing Corn Flakes. Why buy the crumbs when it takes 2 minutes to crush them in the bag and plus occupies a child for a brief moment. Bliss I tell you!
Corn Flake breading mix.
Look at these Eggplant sweat or I should say "glow" out that extra moisture!