Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Urban Treasure Hunt

One of our favorite adventures is to go Thrifting or I refer to them as my "Urban Treasure Hunts". Last night we had some amazing finds. Yes, it was Friday night and most people go to dinner or a movie but I prefer loading the Urban Farm Truck and hitting a few of my favorite haunts. One of which is the DAV on Wornall in Waldo. Fabulous finds, great staff and good prices.

This obsession of mine started years ago in Topeka. Mimi and I went to a Flea Market and I fell in love with these vintage canning jars. Aren't they beautiful? I still stop in my tracks if I come across any.



Here are a few of my treasures:

Look at these Knitting Needles! I am wanting to learn to knit, but it is costly to get started. I found all of these and the 2Nd Chance Thrift Shop, which supports the City Union Mission, for $2.50. Hello, can you blame me for snagging these beauties. OH the fun I am going to have! My friend Debby at www.leftyloopy.blogspot.com has graciously offered to teach me. I am so excited, I have also checked some books out at the library!

Wool sweaters, always on my list for the diaper covers. These were great finds at .99 cents a piece. I should be able to get 2-4 covers depending on the sizes I make from these.


Another sickness, is my fondness of Pampered Chef. I sold it for years so I know you are thinking what more could I possibly need in my collection. Mr. Miller found this down on a bottom shelf for under $8. The Large Stoneware Bar Pan! I love the one I already have and I had said recently I would love another but was not willing to pay full price. Thank you Lord for hearing one of my selfish prayers.


And last but not least is my newest addiction. Vintage Pyrex, yes the stuff we all thought we had to get rid of from our Grandmother's Auction, 1st apartments and the list goes on. I ask what was I thinking? I love these little numbers. I am always on the look out for these! I am not sure which is my favorite pattern yet, this one is from the Early American Collection. It will make a great little serving piece. So Deacon you ask about things to look for at the Auction in Valdosta any of these numbers would be great! Hint, Hint!




Thank you for letting me share my little adventure with you. I never know what I am going to come home with. Can you believe it an evening for the entire family for under $18 and that included ice cream cones!


No comments:

Post a Comment