Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Friday, March 5, 2010

Cookbook Challenge ~ The Pioneer Woman Cooks



Well I dug into another cookbook last night. We had Chili on the menu and I had thawed my Bison but chili was not what I wanted, so I went to the bookshelf and sat down with Ree, you know The Pioneer Woman. I am married to a man who loves meatloaf and I have given birth to 2 of the most amazing little men who, like their father, love meatloaf.




I found her recipe for Meatloaf. This was wonderful. The only change I made was to leave the bacon off of the top, a ~ I didn't have any and b ~ we are trying to watch our waistlines. Please check out her cookbook here. http://thepioneerwoman.com


5 comments:

  1. I love her blog...that cookbook is on my list to eventually purchase. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, meatloaf sounds like a hearty meal, and that cookbook looks good. I shouldn't even think about buying another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, meatloaf sounds like a hearty meal! I haven't made one in a while. I'll have to dust off a recipe for that soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're keeping up with the challenge! Every once in a while I get a hankering for meatloaf too -- it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love finding new cookbooks. This one looks very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete