I was messing around in the kitchen on Monday, the usual open the freezer, pantry and fridge and see what I could make a soup out of. I had soup on the menu for Monday, just soup no specifics.
I found frozen meatballs, an assortment of veggies, chicken broth and tomato sauce. So here is what I came up with and it is wonderful.
Mexican Meatball Soup
1 package frozen meatballs, you could make your own if you are so inclined.
4 C chicken broth
8 oz tomato sauce
1 med onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 bell pepper, I used red
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumim
1 tsp chili powder
- Saute your onion, pepper and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Add broth and tomato sauce
- Add meatballs, tomatoes, zucchini and seasoning
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese
This made a very hearty soup and I will definitely be serving it again. Very easy on the wallet and it could have any veggie you have sitting around. Enjoy!