Green Acres in the City ~ Join us a begin the journey in search for a simpler life...

Welcome to our life

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mexican Meatball Soup

Oh how I wish I had pictures for you. My new camera card is not here yet, soon I hope.

I was messing around in the kitchen on Monday, the usual open the freezer, pantry and fridge and see what I could make a soup out of. I had soup on the menu for Monday, just soup no specifics.

I found frozen meatballs, an assortment of veggies, chicken broth and tomato sauce. So here is what I came up with and it is wonderful.

Mexican Meatball Soup
1 package frozen meatballs, you could make your own if you are so inclined.
4 C chicken broth
8 oz tomato sauce
1 med onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 bell pepper, I used red
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumim
1 tsp chili powder
olive oil
  1. Saute your onion, pepper and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
  2. Add broth and tomato sauce
  3. Add meatballs, tomatoes, zucchini and seasoning
  4. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes
  5. Serve with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese

This made a very hearty soup and I will definitely be serving it again. Very easy on the wallet and it could have any veggie you have sitting around. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. we're into soup here...I made your creamy cauliflower last night and it was a huge hit! everyone thought it was cheesy chowder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds so yummy, thank you so much for sharing. Hope your camera arrives shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious of recipe-creators. I tend to deviate from the original recipe, but I always need a template to follow.

    This one sounds good -- hopefully though, soup season is almost over with.

    ReplyDelete